Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Self Medication


True, Doc, I was always a big caffeine user myself. It would get to the point where I had to have a monster to feel normal and I would pick a good three day stretch that I would hold out to let it out of my system so that when I was back on the caffeine I would feel it again.

Then I started having pain in my kidneys and went to the doctor for it. I had just gotten medical at work so I was back on the SSRI for my depression. Well, the doctor said my kidneys pain was muscular but the SSRI made it look like orange soda when I went to the washroom and the pain got better.

The other major side effect was I slept all day and my eyes stung when I tried to read. I started sleeping almost every hour I wasn’t at work and trying to hit the caffeine to get my work done but this proved ineffective.

Now I put sleep first and I feel better, but I look at how far I am behind and just want to go back to sleep. The pain in my back is almost gone but the orange soda fountain in my pants is still open once or twice a day.

I discourage self medication whenever possible because I know that true medication is more effective. I stress coping techniques with my clients because I know how important they are and I use them myself.

To be honest I feel like I’m at the bottom of a well trying to crawl out and the caffeine hasn’t helped much. Knowing what this feels like has been a big help to my clients, but the limits of my own strength is a concern.
 Also updating today!
Random Street Theater a Comic

No comments:

Post a Comment