Friday, June 29, 2012

Last Day of the Term


17th March 2012
Dear Cassi,

Today is my last day of grad school for this quarter and I feel as if it has been a long and difficult journey. My hair is long and knotted, my face is covered in stubble and scabs, and my body is a bloated mess.
       
The floor of my bedroom is presently covered in laundry and the first load of my towels is in the wash. My bed itself is a tangle of blankets on a mattress that has not seen sheets in three weeks. I’m hoping this was depression for which I am now in treatment. I hope this makes a new era in my life, the moment I got my crap together, the day I stopped being a slob.
       
Then how many times have I said that or again who doesn’t wish that the new day brings a better them? Even if today marks some turning point then the ground work was laid years before.
       
We all hope to rise above and I have seen to things which may help with that but still I wonder if it will ever happen. Will my labors give forth fruit or will they be Barron as they have been? I know I’m not alone in these questions but that makes the answers no easer to gain.

Stay safe, little sister




Richard Leland Neal
Also updating today!
Random Street Theater a Comic

No comments:

Post a Comment