Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Fairy Cop in My Personal Space


2nd March 2012
Dear Cassi

I gave you some inkling by text last week of the events that drew some real anger from me and think you should know the truth. You do recall that fellow who struck you as gay and wanted to be a police officer?
       
Oh, well, firstly I met his girlfriend and to the best of my understanding he is not gay simply in love with himself. The odd point there is that I work with a number of homosexuals and they are no bother. There is a fellow at my work, or two, who have made it clear they would be happy if I swung that way.
       
I approve of the honesty of these folks and would rather know than be left in ignorance. It is my feeling in this regard that a person is best set when honest to self and hurts no one else. So the femininity of the Fairy Cop is in no way the issue.
       
No, the ill will I bear him comes from an era in his judgment. You see, Fairy Cop has the foolish habit of listening to your ex-husband.  Turtle Nose has convinced Fairy Cop that I am without the right to say no.
       
It was the feeling of your ex-husband that I did not have the right to say no because I said no quite a lot. This would be because he would never listen when I said no. As he would ask me the same question over and over again, and as the answer to said question never changed the answer was always no.
       
Fairy Cop had a problem with me saying no and now he wants to shake my hand. Saying that I have no right to say no is to say that I must do what I’m told. It is to say that I was a slave for the sin of being someone’s friend.
       
One day I should confront him with this, but as I have learned bringing situations to a head will more often than not be met with resistance. All told I have no need for friends like that so I turn away from those folks. However, I should tell them what I think of them.
Live true, little sister


Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment