Saturday, June 2, 2012

Call Back After How Long?


27th February 2012
Dear Cassi,

Today I received the strangest email. It was from a guard company that said they had an application I turned in back in two thousand and eight. They wanted to know if I still wanted the job. Four years, who keeps job applications that long?
       
Further along that line of thinking, how bad do they need folks to be looking back to so long ago? They said the job was an immediate hire but failed to list pay or location. To top matters off they had asked me to come to their office at eleven the next morning.
       
I’ve been a guard for a good long time now, and I know how these things go. They call you in and expect you to take a job some unacceptable distance from your home. I mean, I have no idea what I set as conditions back then, but they should at least let me know what the hours of this opening were.
       
Then we have to ask, how did this urgent opening came about? I have heard of mass walk outs before when a group of guards is so upset with their job that they move on together. If there is one thing I know it is that I have no need to work for a company with these kinds of problems.

Stay Safe, little sister



Richard Leland Neal 

No comments:

Post a Comment