Monday, December 15, 2014

Lost File

26th October 2014
Dear Cassi,
         
The strangest thing happened. I lost a letter file. I opened my computer and found it missing but no amount of searching revealed wherever I put the old file and so I’ve lost about two months worth of letters I never sent. Ah well, how many times do I need to tell you that I’ve been struggling with keeping the dishes clean?
         
For that matter, how much of my life’s records have been lost to my injuries of this year or simply my depression? This new development brings me not even one year closer to being caught up. In fact, I remain no less than nineteen months behind in the mailing of my letters. To put that into perspective, if I cleared one month worth of letters every week when I am done with what I have now I’d rack up another four months backlog.
         
To be clear, I did have my faced blooded some and have lost three pets then gained two more in the last year. Every battle feels hard fought and every day feels too short for work and too long in problems.
         
I keep trying to burn through my long held reserves only to fine the fuel wet and the matches old. So the piles of long held nonsense loom like hills on a long walk home. Well, here I have my walking stick in hand and on my back a heavy pack.

Walk on, little sister,



Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment