Friday, May 4, 2012

Teacher is not Watching


15th February 2012
Dear Cassi,

Every now and then I come across an odd thought about my younger life. I don’t know why I write about then but then perhaps I have need for something to write on in the humdrum of my basic life. I know I need to get more going but to be honest I have always failed to thrive in that regard.
       
The incident that came to me the other day was something that took place while I was giving a presentation in front of my third grade class. The class wouldn’t stop talking over me and I made mention of this stopping my report.
       
The teacher said “just give me a name,” and I cannot recall what would befall the person so unfortunate to be named. Then, had the teacher not so many ears and eyes as I? Only now do I ponder if my report was so bland that the teacher’s attention had wondered off.
       
One of the more basic points of teacher hood is that they are there to look after their students. The teacher should have been in command of the situation and shown us all how one looks after children. I found it frustrating at the time but mildly so.
       
This event is no major sticking point with me but just something that came up in thought. It is one of those reminders that the world is rarely as it should be and that we can’t always rely on those who are there to look after us.
       
These are important life lessons illustrated by so small an event. Then, if there is one thing we both know it is that we cannot always rely on those who are there to look after us.

Stay safe, little sister




Richard Leland Neal

Also updating today!
Random Street Theater a Comic

No comments:

Post a Comment