Monday, August 5, 2024

Dear Poppy Scotland

14th November 2023
 
Dear Poppy Scotland,

I am grieved to hear of what happened to volunteer Jim Henderson on the 4th of November of this year. It is my understanding that this elderly Good Samaritan was selling poppies to support Briton’s veterans when he was attacked by Pro Hamas protesters. Luckily, reports say that he has suffered no major injury.

Further, it is my understanding that he made no comment on the conflict in the Gaza Strip, and made no mention of Israel or Palestine. He is an innocent man like the many innocent people who will and have sadly died in this conflict, and the innocent people killed by Hamas on October 7th.

Please extend to this man my deepest sympathies. Know that I have never been to our beloved Scotland, and will likely never see the ruins of my family castle there, but that I keep my family tartan with great pride. So should he take in pride the legendary strength of the Scot, and know that he is loved and cherished as a hero.

I wish him good health and long life. May the sun be a gift to him as may the rain, and let all the fields he treads upon bloom. May the thistle stand noble and the bluebells dance for him. May the primrose and the heather guide him, and, of course, the poppy bless his day.

Nemo me impune lacessit,



Richard Leland Neal




No comments:

Post a Comment