Monday, August 19, 2024

Dear Film Maker

 25th October 2023

Dear Film Maker,

From your ad I can see that you’re looking two make a horror movie and you’ve named two found footage supernatural films and the experimental film Skinamarink as your inspiration. I guess the link between them is that the audience and the people in the film don’t know what’s going on.

I have a few ideas in that area, nothing I’ve scripted, but the point of films like that are to use the space you have. The important thing would be to express what is it about these films that you want to have in your work.

Skinamarink is basically an acid trip that involves events rather than plot points. Strange things happen and those things need to hold the audience so that they keep watching. The film didn’t get a good deal of love from audiences so it kind of failed at that, but I guess it stood out which was enough.

Anyway, I have a degree in Psychology and some film training. I also work with a Canon 90D and 60D for which I have a number of lenses. I have a few things we can film this on. I even think I have some old trick filters I could dig out, but I don’t know if they would be of any help.

I’ve written a few things. What’s been produced is mostly shorts on YouTube. You can look me up on IMDB for that under Richard Leland Neal.

Best,



Richard




No comments:

Post a Comment