Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Fur Babies at the Vet

Fat Old Jack and Dana sit on my chest.
15th January 2018

8th April 2018

Dear (Devium),

You’ll be happy to know that fat old Jack is in very good health. I took the big black cat to the vet this week, along with your little Calico Dana, and had them both looked at. Dana was a pain to get into the cat carrier, I didn’t use yours, and she ran about the house until I cornered her. Jack, well, Jack just sat there without a care in the world until the car started moving then they both cried until I got them into the examination room.

In the car one of them peed on the pad in the carrier, and I had to get a new one at the vet. I think it was Dana and I think she left a present on the way home as well. I really need to clean up my cat carriers now. So nasty.

In any case, Jack got his blood drawn because he was old, and they said he was doing very well for his age. The doctor looked at his silky fur and felt its softness and commented that he was surprised the cat was that old. He told me that he wished all the cats he looked at were as well behaved as fat old Jack.

Dana was a trifle as it was hard to way and hold her. We found that she had blood in her intestines, and I have been given medications to calm her because they vet thought it was the stress of losing you that made her sick. Dana being so skittish of an animal this is probably true.

Dana is rarely far from me when I’m at home, and she has made a point of sleeping in the crook of my neck when I’m on the computer. She was a little standoffish after the vet for a few hours but Jack made a point to spend some time with me. He’s normally spending time with Pickle to be honest.

Your fur babies are doing well, and I hope you are too,



Richard Leland Neal


No comments:

Post a Comment