Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Letters to Agents


23rd August 2017
My Dear Friends at Management,

 I am a screenwriter, playwright, and novelist so I am pleased to find a company that would work with all three. I’ve been published in the ‘Pioneer Artistic Review’ twice. I have sold a script to Absurd TV and was then contracted and have completed rewriting a script purchased from another author for the same company.

I am currently looking to market a script called ‘Walker in the Trees’ which is something of a horror/thriller designed to be a lower budget theatrical release.  I have also written the novel to this film. ‘Walker in the Trees’ centers around Karl a man haunted by the ghost of his murdered sister.  In the film he has hunted down her killers and they become the primary victims of the story.  This film earned me an A+ in Screenwriting at Cal State University Fullerton.

I have two full length plays that have done well in cold reads, I am working on another novel, and have written another film in the romantic comedy range.  Writing is what I love and I’m not all that picky about what I’m writing.

Thank you for your time,


Richard Leland Neal
23rd August 2017

Mr. (agent),

I am currently seeking to market a Novel and screenplay called ‘Walker in the Trees’. This is a thriller novel not unlike the work of Stephen King in its supernatural nature and would be marketed primarily to men between 18 and 35 but has elements of LGBT and stronger female characters.  The novels primary distinction is that through much of the second act it focuses on the villains as they are caught between their own illegal activities and an attacking force.  

As an author I have been published in the ‘Pioneer artistic Review’ and sold a script to Absurd TV. I was also contracted by Absurd TV to rewrite a short film written by another author. I wrote ‘Walker in the Trees’ because I was told as a film it would be easy to market by a college professor. I then rewrote it as a novel because copious sources have stated that a novel is far easier to market.

Thank you for your time,


Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment