Monday, August 19, 2013

Stop and Help


30th August 2012
Dear Cassi,

This morning yielded the odd happening of the second stranded vehicle I’ve seen in a week due to bad batteries. On this occasion I was on my way home when I car failed to move at a green light. The driver got out of his car and waved me passed so I pulled around and stopped in front of him to ask if he was all right.
       
He told me that his battery was down and he knew this because he had the Auto Club test it and had tried to make it to a parts shop on his own. It was his wife’s car which was why it was improperly looked after.
       

By this time another man had stopped and we helped him park his car and I took him to the auto parts store. It took us about five minutes to get the new battery in his car and then we shook hands and parted ways. He would have been okay without me and I had other things to do, but I tell you this Cassi, I always want to be the man I’d like to come across in a bad spot.

Be who you wish to meet, little sister,


Richard Leland Neal



No comments:

Post a Comment