Friday, August 31, 2012

Hands Off My Pie


11th April 2012
Dear Cassi,

Over the weekend I baked five pies and woke this evening to find the Pickles had eaten one. A full eight inch pie disappeared down his gut. Not that this should have surprised me as he has done things like this before and claimed he “lost control”. My feeling on the subject is that he just likes pie.
       
However, Pickles has always been a fellow who believed that he could blame his actions on the outside world and get away with it as he has done for years. We call this an “external Locus of control” in psychology and note that most folks who have them tend to be happier with who they are feeling that they are not to blame.
       
I asked Pickles if he had offered one of the pies to Mickey who had been over to install my range hood. I hadn’t asked the man myself only because I had no idea if any of the pies were left. Pickles could have eaten every one. Pickles said that he had not and I sent him over to deliver a nice sweet potato pie.
       
As I only had the pies because Pickles had sweet potatoes that he wanted to get rid of so I guess it’s should be no big thing that he had one but he could have saved some for me. If we gave away all four of the other pies then I would have wondered what they tasted like. When I make a pie we always split one so see how my cooking works but this time He had the whole thing.
       
I hope you live with less greedy folks than I.

Stay safe, little sister



Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment