Monday, August 27, 2012

I Love Kitties



I must say that I’m a sucker for a furry face, and this old tomcat was one that I will never forget. My sister took him when she moved out and left me with a hundred pounds of poop factory with teeth at one end.

What was going through my head when I wrote this I have no idea. I guess it was something I wanted to remember.  
23rd August 2006

So I just had one of those adult moments. You know the ones you always hear about like the first time you had to fish something out of the toilet yourself.

Okay, so everybody knows my first adult moment happened when I was nine, and I said, “I’m going to the story everybody make a list,” but this one was the first adult moment that didn’t suck.
           
My cat, Trouble, brought me a lizard. He just brought it in, plopped it down, and sat there as if to say “look what I did, daddy, aren’t you proud?” Well, he didn’t even kill the thing, but I just left it out in the garden with the hope of it running away.
           
That’s Trouble for you, my youngest cat, a big black beast with yellow eyes and strange red hair on his chest. I named him after me. He’s trying to be cuddly at the moment because someone (who is short lazy and of dubious hygiene) locked him in the garage all night and he left us a present in the laundry.  
           
All that business and it still gratifying to know that he thinks I’m the big cat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment