Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hit a Girl


8th April 2012
Dear Cassi,
       
As a child all three of us had nicknames. Then as children we all have nicknames I guess. Among all the nicknames I have had I recall one my mother gave me, “Hair of the Goldenrod” because at the time my hair was the color of spun gold. I do recall my most common nickname was dweeb. Dweeb is a word that means socially inept or overly studious. I guess it fits.
       
My male sibling was Pickle Puss or Slow dependant on the year but I believe Pickle Puss lasted longer. It is a coincidence that he started getting rather bad zits and the name fit. Still, he did love pickles. So then I should call him pickles because hearing his name bothers me.
       
Then to my female sibling, well, she had a good number of derogatory names. The only one that I can truly use would be Bam-Bam because of her tendency to hit people. Bam-Bam ran about expecting her female nature to protect her from retribution.
       
You can trust me on this she was spoiled rotten and I can’t say why. Yes, she did have a pony, yes she had her own room when the two boys had to share one, but still the origin of her evil nature is unknown to me.
       
I recall her using my mother’s death for sympathy. She even joked about leaving the invitations for my mother’s funeral where her teachers could find them.
       
On second thought, I’ll forget the Bam-Bam is a girl. Hmmm, let’s call her Pony Girl from now on. It reminds me of a novel I read back in middle school.

Know evil when you see it, little sister



Richard Leland Neal 

No comments:

Post a Comment