Friday, September 30, 2011

An Old Cover Letter


I found this letter in the very old archives that I pulled off 3.5 disks. A large number of that stuff was unrecoverable, but what has survived is of some interest.  

This letter is just as relevant to events today as it was back when it was written.


23rd October 2004
My dearest friends at (electronics retailer),

You may note from my application that I have spent nearly five years as a Security Officer and am now looking for a change. The truth is that although I was happy as a guard, the industry is changing. The last two companies I have worked for no longer exist. The last one I was with for only eight months. Despite an impeccable level of service, never being late or absent, working overtime when ever asked, and having two accommodations of good service, I am looking for another job.
           
I’m looking for something more long term. I have been told that a Security Officer can expect to change jobs after three months, and that security is the second most cut back aspect of any company in a bad economy.

I’ve always loved electronics, I have two PDAs and two Presarios, and I’m working on building my first computer from scratch. In addition, I have done work as a Videographer and won awards for my work in photography. In short, I think I’d fit in at (your company) perfectly. After all, I am used to being on my feet for up to 16 hours at a time, looking sharp, answering questions, and taking on extra responsibilities. 

I hope that my qualifications are adequate, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Honestly,


Richard L. Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment