Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Force of Arms

4th July 2016

Dear Cassi,

The fireworks have come and gone but still a few rise into the burnt sky were the stars are blackened into to darkness by the actions of the human animal.  I still struggle with depression and the hunt for a job and the dark night has proven cover for a few drinks to sooth my angry mind.

As I look into that broken sky I remember a story I read once of a tyrant from space who brought a fleet of ships to earth and rained death on all the world. The story was called ‘Force of Arms’ and there are times I figure that this would be the only way to get a few things done in my life.

Sadly, I have no fleet of ships and no force to bring down. I have my drawings and photographs, which I bring to bear with blogs and videos. I keep thinking that if I work hard enough I’ll get somewhere but that doesn’t look like the case.

In the end of the story the fleet of ships were destroyed and the tyrant died. Is that my future, to die and be forgotten?

Sometimes I just don’t know,



Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment