Monday, July 2, 2018

The Man in the Blue Uniform

4th January 2015

Dear Cassi,

It comes to me that you and I have lived at a distance from each other for some time. I couldn’t tell you the names of the children you look after or the street you live on, and I wonder if you could tell me the color of the car I drive. It’s blue by the way.
     
In any case, a point to make is that I still where a blue uniform to work every night with white letters on my back spelling out security. They would rather I have ‘safety’ there now, but I call a spade a spade. I where dark navy at work, both pants and shirt, with black undershirt, belt, and boots. In my normal dress the old gray Dikies have been handed down to Pickle, and I tend to where khaki with a light gray work shirt. 
     
In my sleep and leisure I have black sweat clothes to lounge about in, but I need to take off the shirt when I do dishes. Waterlogged sweats are a trial to where. I guess you could say I’m not much for wardrobe. I’ve never had an eye for fashion, and I rarely leave the house.

So, so that’s me right now. A man in a blue uniform, humble in nature, and common as dirt.

Stay safe, little sister,


Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment