Monday, April 2, 2012

My Dear Dean


12th November 2010
I recall writing this letter very distinctly, my heart was pounding with anger and I had to take some time to deal with myself before emailing this off.

I was given no reply as I recall, this was the largest problem I had faced with my education. Having more than ten years work experience makes the idea of an internship rather unnecessary.

The worst of it was that a twenty thousand dollar education didn’t warrant this fellow sending me a return email. When the educator thinks of the student as a bother to be ignored is there a reason for the educator?

My Dear Dean (of the college of humanities),

It comes that I have a situation that I need to address to your office.

I have had the most difficulty in dealing with a psychology class PSYC 495. I wished to resolve the issue I had with the class, but I found that both the teacher and the department chair refused to work out the details before the semester began.

I dropped the class feeling that I would be unable to get an internship to find that it is common for a student’s existing job to be used as an internship.

Now, after registering for the class in winter session I'm told that there is a problem with my occupation after the department chair himself told me not to worry. 

I pay thousands of dollars to have these issues resolved in good time,  and because your teachers and staff failed to ask the right questions or give me the right information my graduation will be delayed at least a full year.

Now I am not foolish enough to think you're going to help me in anyway, but I would like you to explain to me why the Psychology department has made mistakes that cost me money and it is my responsibility to clean up their mess.

This is for the record 

Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment