Monday, October 10, 2011

Letter of Goodbye


This is a letter I hand delivered to an old supervisor the last day I saw him. There were so many things I liked about working with this person, or was it so many things I hated about his replacement? I was surprised how much I mourned for the loss of a just and honest boss.

The past is the past and we shouldn’t lament.

12th August 2010

Dear (Supervisor),

Well, today is the last day I get to write (your name) in the ‘relieved by’ spot on my DAR. It's also the last Thursday I work here where I don't need an aspirin. I don't think I'll get a send off like you did more because I think I'll get canned by (your successor) then the fact that I don't think I'll be giving notice, but you get the idea.

In the spirit of that let me say that you should hope that I get the hell out of here shortly but in a good way. It could happen even if I don't think it will, but if you intend to keep tabs email me.

Enjoy your retirement and don't let the bastards grind you down.

Richard Leland Neal


No comments:

Post a Comment