Monday, November 26, 2018

All in Your Head


4th January 2017

Dear Cassi,

I may have mention a few times that the old man refused to take me to the doctor when I was in high school. This is to say that he wouldn’t take me to the doctor for mental health reasons. He did take me in for a ‘sports physical’ a few times and he even once pointed to this to say that I was fine.

The doctor ordered a blood test that the old man wouldn’t get off his ass to drive me to so I feel his argument is rather hollow. He went against doctor’s orders there at very least. 

I remember the old man said “it’s all in your head” as if that meant it wasn’t real. A brain tumor is all in your head but mental illness is in your head, in the tissues of your heart, and in every part of your body. Further, weather the problem is in your head or in your foot there is no reason to deny your child treatment.

That was Yule for you. He would first laugh at my problems, and when they didn’t go away he would yell at me over them, but the old man would never do anything to help.  If I’m to get anywhere in life I need to get there on my own.

No one helps Richard Leland Neal. I am a man beyond help and beyond asking for help. I must accept that part of my life.

Ego Solus,

Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment