Saturday, August 20, 2016

Thievery and Then Justification

13th October 2014

Dear Cassi,

Pickle must have been in an honest mood today as he let me know that his pilfering of my junk foods was his way of getting back at me for having to deal with Turtle Nose. Does he have a justification for thievery, or thievery and then justification?

I could say that my subjecting him to Turtle Nose was revenge for his beating me when I was a child or any other crime he committed. I could say that my subjecting him to turtle nose the second time was revenge for the family turning its back on me and braking our agreements.

I could say these things, but it would be less than true. I did these things because of a weakness in my soul that I have myself paid dearly for and of which I am ashamed.

Pickle is a fellow who will never take responsibility for his actions. Me, I have a terrible burden to live under.

Own yourself, little sister,


Richard Leland Neal


No comments:

Post a Comment