Monday, November 26, 2012

Intimidating Job Interview


Some time I need to get the list of common job interview questions and post them with my responses.


14th November 2011
Dear Cassi,

   
I have gone on the most intimidating job interview of my life. It was the second interview with these folks, and it was conducted by no less than three people. It was like facing a firing squad. Apparently, I was not only to be interview by their head of security but by the heads of two other departments.
   
The questions they asked were no different than those asked in the first interview. How do you deal with de-escalating a fight? What do you like in a supervisor? Basic things for security really, but it was more that I had to answer to the satisfaction of all three people that put me so off center.
   
I have to admit that I went in there not wanting the job. Sure, I wanted to work, but my unemployment is still coming in. The only reason I went on the interview was because I want to stop living on the state dollar.
   
If I didn’t walk in that little room and give it my best effort I would be no better than the people who I can’t stand. My college professors lived off tax dollars and didn’t think about who they were hurting. Their job is to imbue the economy with able minded workers, and they do that so poorly. I know there are people who could have returned to work but didn’t, and I understand turning down a job that is a step lower than a government check. This was a step up.
   
I walked out of there hoping that the other folks they interviewed were better off than I. I knew they had trouble with my references and thought the job was out of reach.
   
That was last week and my first day of work is today.

Stay safe, Cassi,

Richard Leland Neal 

No comments:

Post a Comment