Monday, November 5, 2012

Condoms vs. Sainsdurg

The curation of this essay was not easy given that it was written at the end of my freshman year of high school. I was suffering from depression and a sleep disorder when I wrote this so to understand it one needs to be drunk or go without sleep for a few days and I recommend neither.

To give you a description of the product it is a ‘stream of consciousness’ essay written in a ‘fake it till you make it’ style for an English class taught by a religious pervert who writes ‘obscene poetry’ about his students. I don’t think he needed condoms for birth control. He adopted. . . and may have had sex with boys on the side. My high school experience was very strange.

10th June 1995
Condoms vs. Sainsdurg

Friends and readers, the topic I bring before you is a strange one, but it is important regardless. On my desk this evening I found an article entitled "Condoms for Kids? Get Real." by Steven J Sainsburg. In his article he assumed that condoms are useless to teenagers. Let us explore the topic, and you can be the judge.
                       
This man begins by describing one of his patients, apparently this girl has engaged in unprotected sex, not only that but the situation is anything but rare. I have no choice but to consider his meaning is that teenagers don't think to protect themselves against venereal disease, including HIV or unwonted pregnancy.

Moving on, Mr. Sainsdurg condemns the condom as an unacceptable solution, the claim is that not only are they not used but they aren’t affective. To clarify a study he examined said that 14% of all condoms brake or leak due to poor handling by consumers. If they aren't 100% they aren't good enough for him. The only acceptable answer is abstinence until finding one who you will commit too or wed. This is the opinion of the article, but the question it brings is “is it proper to make condoms available for youths”. If we listen to the article no, but I have a different opinion.
           
Personally, I feel that if you can't stop a problem you can at least slow it down. There are two ways to do this, one is abstinence, but it is not appealing to the general public and will never be a useful solution. The other method is to make condoms available and give kids the sense to use them. I must confess that there is one more thing, and that is to change outside influence. TV, and other forms of entertainment, are the greatest influence of kids of all ages. Personally if I had a say in the matter entertainment would be completely reconstructed but that is too far off the subject. With all considered, it is stereotypes that provide the behavior that is not moral, a monkey see monkey do if you will. If the heroes of the children do it the children do it no matter what the cost. Oh, I have forgotten the one end to the problem: let it hit its hardest, when you see your friend die you will be a little more careful.    
         
The topic we have discussed is controversial, but so are all things in life and death. I we will say that my advice is ‘have a condom if your control you question, but for safety sake I tell you abstinence is the rule.’ It is not fun nor fast, nor witty, I can swift say it is not pretty, but death is best not a quickened curse. All silliness aside it is less a punishment to die then to sit idly by and observe the cold embrace. Do you wish to do that too your friends, to give them pane that never ends. Like stabbing wounds that will not heal, and a saddened thought terns there making blades. Moving on there is no such thing as safe sex, it is as good old Bill said it there are two guarantees in life death and taxes.
          
My apologies for the deepness of the last paragraph, I got carried away. My conciliation is that I can leave you with is the hope of your better Judgment.

Until the fullness of time

Richard Neal.


not pretty, but death is best not a quickened curse. All silliness aside it is less a punishment to die then to sit idly

No comments:

Post a Comment