Monday, January 23, 2012

Notes to Classmates


I’m happy to say that I don’t feel like I’m about to die this morning. I feel bad, yes, but after three weeks of illness I’m coming round.

I wrote these two notes to the classmates in my grad school on the 22nd, and I hope to be back up to quality writing now. Then again, I think I’m just getting readers by accident. Any time one of you would like to prove me wrong by commenting it would be much appreciated.  

(Classmate one)

Ah theater people. What an odd mix of color and form resulting in a strange hypnotic movement.

I was 12 units from a degree in theater when I looked over at my teachers and said “I don’t want to be like these people” then changed my major to psychology.

Still, I just have to ask, how old is the photo?




Hay (Classmate two),

Never live in your head. It gets cramped in there. Unless you have a head like mine that is. I think Godzilla has an apartment in my left ear.

Well, let me point out that any extreme is generally a bad thing in child rearing, but you made your way through it and now you’re doing something better.

I always tell religious folks that if daemons walk the earth I’ve shaken hands with one. At the time it was killing a Methodist congregation in inner-city Los Angeles. Most of the time it’s hard for people to understand those sorts of things. You either get it or you don’t, but it’s not worth keeping you up at night.

In any case, it looks like you have your life banged out to where it works so take pride in who you are and what you have lived through. You can trust me on this it’s easier that way.   

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment