Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Crying Inside

2nd November 2023
 
Dear Comedian,

You’re looking for a writer for dark comedy, film, and a variety of projects that you’ve been working on. I have some experience in the world of dark comedy, more in comedy news, and I have the dark past of a true comedian. All the best funny folks are crying inside.

I would still say that the best argument is results and that you should let me have a look at something. I do what I do with it and if you like my work we can talk further. Pin ribbons on a dead pig, and it’s still a dead pig, throw mud on a T-Rex and he still can gobble you down.

I have some experience in the logic less and mostly blue world of social media, and I can run your Facebook page, YouTube channel, ticktalk, and X the platform formerly known as twitter. I know about metrics and promotions for these platforms. I currently have about six thousand subscribers on YouTube.

I spent a few years working on a YouTube channel called Absurd TV writing comedy news, because that was cheap and easy to produce. There are a lot of Absurd TVs on YouTube so you’ll need a link to find it. When I met the man that runs that channel, he was spending ten thousand dollars a year making twelve videos and, because I was working for free, we dropped that to less than five hundred dollars putting out more than two hundred.

However, this never translated into him spending more on promotion. It became clear that he just wasn’t interested in success. I can tell you, the man has been in a lot of backyard movies that find their way to tubi, but more is not always better. ‘Amityville Karen’ sounded like so much fun, but watch it, and you’ll never have another sleepless night.

Truth be told, if you want to work with me I’m going to hit this like it’s been talking about my mother, because my life sucks, and I need to bring my A game to every match.

Best,



Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment