Monday, October 15, 2018

People Who Stink: Mike Jones



I had this exchange on FaceBook and thought it worth recording. I looked up 'Mike Jones' here and found that he only had two friends. If that doesn't set off warning bells I don't know what does.  

In any case, this is an exchange regarding responsible shopping and the human cost of business. 

Richard Leland Neal Walmart can say whatever it wants to. They can go eat Trump an die for all I care. I never shop at Walmart, and the only people who have any excuse to shop at a place that treats their workers that badly is a person who can't afford to shop anywhere else. Responsible Americans don't shop at Walmart!

Mike Jones you suggest people pay more for the exact same item? Its human nature to find a deal and spend less money than needed. Thats how Wal-Mart became so big by cutting costs. If a cashier accepts $8 an hour for 30 hours a week what business is it of mine? Do u inquire about the labor practices of every single business u patronize? I doubt it. Target is no different they just operate on a higher profit margin they dont pay $15 an hour. They just charge more for goods because it costs them more to do bnusiness due to inefficientcy.


Richard Leland Neal Mike Jones I see your talking out your rear there. Well, so do most conservatives. First off, Walmart items are often of lower quality so you are getting what you pay for. Second, I shop at Costco and they are known for treating their employees well. Everyone needs a job so Walmart employees do not 'accept' $8 an hour, they settle for low pay because they need the job. Maybe you can get away with those kinds of comments among the ignorant but I happen to be educated and I know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment