Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Weekend Overnight Counselor

18th August 2017

Dear (Employer),

I take interest in your position as a Weekend Overnight Counselor as I hold a BA in Psychology, have worked nights for more than ten years, and have four years of experience working with at risk youth in a residential setting. I can say that having been a Safety and Security Officer for four years I’ve experienced humanity at its most dirty, and I’ve learned something in the way of life skills. My clients always told me that I took the time needed to address problems that they had, provide a clear directive, and overall made them feel safe.

 I’m also the kind of man you’d want in an emergency. I’ve called for emergency services more than a hundred times, I know how to talk to 911 operators, and I know how to prevent clients from going into shock before help arrives. I’ve deescalated violent clients and talked people down from suicide. There is very little in this world that can surprise me.

Best,


Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment