Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The Dead Man's Ugly Couches

31st January 2015
Dear Cassi,
       
So, Pickle had a busy day. It comes that he was to help Yule move and I’m not sure he accomplished that as he got into an argument with Pony Girl about McDonalds. Apparently, Pony Girl feels that rich people have earned their money and have a right to mistreat poor people.
       
That would be Pony Girl for you, evil to the core and justifying her own ill treatment of people by some half logic. So, now Pickle and Pony Girl are upset with one another and I have to worry over Pickle and his logistical needs.
       
This is particularly irksome and Pickle once promised that I wouldn’t need to drive him around in exchange for him ignoring the family’s poor treatment of me. Now he still turns a blind eye to things and I have to drive him around.
       
To add another level of odd, Pickle accepted two linking couches that once belonged to my deceased cousin. These are faded, ugly, green affairs, tainted with the smoke of cigarettes and holed with their burns. They are in some better shape than the couches in the house, but these simply don’t fit well and frankly are uncomfortable.

I would love to take a moment and sit down to reflect on things but there is no way I can sit down on a dead man’s couch and do so. At least I know those to can still fight.

Live every day, little sister,



Richard Leland Neal 

No comments:

Post a Comment