Monday, February 2, 2015

Streamlining

24th June 2013
Dear Cassi,

It was the odd happening of my weekend that I worked an extra day and so had one day off only to sleep through almost the full duration. It was not until Monday afternoon that I finally woke for the day and found myself useful. As it stood I had my work cut out for me.
       
Pickles had put some work into the dishes and so the sink was still disgusting. I know that he ran the dishwasher once this morning before I roused and I ran a second after I made us a chicken salad.  This made almost no dent in the dirt and grime of my home and so I labored on with laundry and dishes literally until the moment I grabbed my coffee box and left for work.
       
Here it becomes necessary to note that measured out my coffee, creamers, and sugar for the week. These all went into a set of glass jars that I keep in my old turkey pan. On a Monday, the turkey pan and my coffee box should be full, and so I should have no need for grinding coffee for the week.
       
This makes for one less thing I need to do every night and so should streamline my week. Every morning when I come home I should restock my coffee box for work and every night I should then have to do no more than pick it up before I leave.
       
This is again one of my futile acts of streamlining my life. Surprise will overwhelm me if I manage to do this again next week. I’ve come up with idea after idea for how to make my life faster and more efficient by never have I kept the practice and rarely has it been much of an improvement.

Never give up, little sister,




Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment