Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cover Letter to a Children’s Book Publisher


I thought I had posted this but I guess not because I found it in my old letter bin.
20th April 2010
Dear (Children’s book publisher),
What you have here is a children's picture book that tells the story of two children planning their day. It shows children when to use the two words then and than.
I was very surprised to find that the average college student fails to use these words properly. My professors think this is a great idea because of how often they see the mistake. I think it may be advantageous to make a YouTube video of me reading this to advertise the book if you publish it. I'm sure I can get some of my teachers to send links to their students.
In addition this work has the approval of my friends the Hills who have four children. Miss. Hill even offered to go over her collection of children's books with me the next time I can set aside six or more hours. She also insisted on my informing her if the book was to be published so that she can request a copy.
Thank you for your time.

Richard Leland Neal

1 comment:

  1. Your dream engineering job is not too far from you if you have read the valuable instructions given in engineering cover letters, which assists you in composing an inducing engineering resume cover letter

    ReplyDelete