Monday, November 7, 2011

Halfway Home


Okay, someone just tell me that this is a misprint or something. A sociology degree for a Security Guard? Well, I applied to the job just hoping they would mail me back and set the record straight.
              
Well, if not maybe I have a job.
7th October 2011
Dear (Halfway Home)

I am responding to a very odd ad you folks posted on Craigslist for a security officer position. You appear to require a Bachelor’s in Social Work, and I have never seen a security job require that before.

I have my BA in Psychology and over ten years of security experience. I was laid off at the beginning of this year and took that time to finish my degree.

I have had some contact with the homeless at the work place, but none with troubled youth.

I do have to say this is the first time I’ve seen this list of requirements for a Security Officer.

In any case I have attached my résumé to this email so you may consider me for the job.

Thank you,

Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment