Monday, December 5, 2022

My Dear Cousin - The Third Olive Branch

22nd May 2021

My Dear Cousin,

I have now told you of the first two of three gifts that my family gave me as peace offerings after they told me to leave and never return. The first and second were checks for two hundred and one hundred dollars respectively. The last gift they gave me was a basket of cookies.

To be fair, no one gave this to me. It showed up on Christmas in my home with a tag that said “Richard”, and I paid it no mind. I figured that (Pickle) would eat it sooner or later. Whenever there is something sweet in the house he tends to eat it in short order.

I also mentioned to myself that I’m not the only Richard in the world, and that they could have been for someone else. A few days past and they were in the trash. I figured that it was for the best. If (Pickle) wouldn’t eat them they must have been some bad cookies.

It’s crazy to say, but the family did kind of say a few times that they wanted me dead, and I didn’t think it was all that safe to eat anything they gave me. They had harassed me to the point where I was ready to die to get them to stop, and then they just wanted to pretend it never happened.

If they were ever to be a part of my life again they needed to make it clear that they understood that trying to force me to do things against my will simply wasn’t right. The situation called for honesty, but if they were honest they would have lost any control they had.

As it was, they thought giving me a beat up old car gave them leverage over me. What I had suffered demanded compensation, and there was no way I was getting that. When you need something people can force you to do a great many horrible things. I learned that working in security.

I had seen these people bring my home and my life to ruin. Now I was to forget all about it over some cookies. They say that the people you love the most are the people who can hurt you the most. It’s so very true.

Best,

 

Richard Leland Neal


 

No comments:

Post a Comment