Wednesday, December 28, 2022

My Dear Cousin - Mental Health Declined

                                7th June 2021


My Dear Cousin,


One of the things that happened after (Pony Girl) became  (Pickle)’s conservator is that his mental health declined. I believe he would stop taking his medication and try to commit suicide or maybe he was just that bad off.

I once got a call from a woman saying he was walking down the middle of the street and told her he was “looking for answers”. I told her to call the police, because he was having a psychotic episode. 

I went to work that night. When I got home I found that he had raided my refrigerator and was eating my food. The man got his hands into anything with sugar in it and had made a mess. He walked up to me and said “A lady said you wouldn’t hurt me again.”

Then he started screaming “Stop hurting me, stop hurting me!” He punched something on the kitchen counter and sent glass into the sink. His next punch hit me dead in the chest and he left. He was in lock up for a few days, and I had trouble breathing for four. Something about bruising the pericardium sack that contains the hart.

There was another time he lost his remote control and blamed me. I can tell you that I wouldn’t have known which remote control was the right one because he had at least ten of them at the time. He trashed all kinds of my things and filled the trash with my stuff. He had another fifty one fifty which is a seventy two hour mental health hold.

By this point I often feared he would become violent. He was never permitted in a car with me after those fits of violence. We would have a strained relationship after that but there was still more to come.

Best,


Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment