Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Night Thoreau Spent in Jailby Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee: Book Review


I ran into this volume at the used book store some years ago and on the advice of a professor took to "read every play you can get your hands on and watch every play you can afford to see". I can say I'm glad I read this play.

'The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail' is a fictional account of moments and contemplation in the life of Henry David Thoreau. It serves to humanize the writer and bring him closer to modern ideas such as war, racism, and violence.

Where as this needs a large company of actors to be produced it is a good read as a piece of literature. I also believe there is a restriction against professional companies producing this work.

All and all, I recommend this work for anyone who likes to think. 

Who should read this book? Thinkers 

Books Read: 26 of 5,000

Pages 98

Total Pages Read for 'The 5,000 Project' 6,133

No comments:

Post a Comment