Monday, February 1, 2016

Wounded Dog

10th November 2013
Dear Cassi,
       
Pork Chop’s wound is a bloody mess. I woke to find that he had bled all over the garage and left stains on the concrete in the side run. I made a pressure bandage for him but he rustled it off so I went to the store and got things for another. This held, but I could see the blood coming through the gauze pads I had used.
       
My first try at this involved confectioner’s sugar, paper towels, and a pressure band I use for my back. The powder would dry minor bleeding and the sugar would stop infection, but there was just too much blood. The end result of this looked much worse than it was as a glob of the sugar was soaked with blood hanging from the dogs face. It looked like a chunk of skin.
       
At the vet they told me to put pressure on the wound if it bled more and so I have to no result. After fifteen hundred dollars this should have been a clean deal but no. My dog’s blood has stained the walls of my home. I have done all I can to stop the bleeding. 
       
My end result was a bandage that looked like it would hold rather well, but there was just so much bleeding. I’m spend and in hard need for sleep now, Cassi, but I know I need to take the dog to the vet shortly.

No fear, little sister,


Richard Leland Neal



No comments:

Post a Comment