Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Old Tree House


3rd June 2015

Dear Cassi,

There was some other feature of my home that I have long forgotten and so forgotten to mention. When I was young I had a tree house. Rather I had a wood shack suspended above a fig tree on stilts. It over looked the pool that blew up but after the pool died shortly went the tree house.

We used to dive out of that tree house into the pool but with the pool gone and the children ageing, what use was the old bit of poorly cared for wood? The thing was in poor repair and I have no doubt that it would have become dangerous had it stood much longer.

That that is my young life personified in that old wood hut with a two part door up on stilts. It was splintered and broken, falling apart and unsafe, and went so long unloved. That’s my life and now I too and broken. The only thing is that I have to put myself back together.

Keep it together, little sister,


Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment