Monday, May 12, 2014

An August Journal: College Application


“Whenever the people are well-informed they can be trusted with their own government.” Thomas Jefferson: as quoted in Time Magazine August 14, 2006

15th August 2006
         
Today I submitted my application for California State University Fullerton. Frankly, it should have been submitted of August 1st but as the time has passed nothing more can be done. I’ve had quite the trouble with this application and it’s been more than a year from the day I made the commitment to apply. I don’t know if there is much of a point to this foolishness many of us in the modern day find our degrees useless and I may be in that category.
         
To add to the matter I have submitted my paper work for graduation from Fullerton College and have made it totally clear that all my information is in order. What I will do with my AA I don’t know but as it will bolster my resume it can’t hurt. It’s funny that I’m at the mean age for the student body of Fullerton yet I believe I’ll be something of an old man at the Cal State.  
         
I have no one to blame for my procrastination in life but myself at this point. At twenty-two perhaps I could say something twenty-four my argument has grown week but at twenty-six I’m just a procrastinator.  The reason for my procrastination is a general feeling of unpreparedness. No more screwing around when I get to the university. I have to pay more for my college experience and that makes all the difference.
         
Will there be much of a difference or will it just cost more? In the end we simply ask questions and weight for answers. What more can be done? 

No comments:

Post a Comment