Monday, June 3, 2013

Hope and Sarah

From my 1994 Middle School Yearbook
 
It was only my second year of middle school when I started collecting signatures. This was because I had difficulty spelling and didn't like signing things. Back then I went by Ricky, because I couldn't spell Richard. This changed my first year of high school. I'm preserving the signatures from my yearbooks now. 

Who knows, maybe someone will see them and enjoy them.
 
   
                 "To: Ricky
 
                        Hope you have 
                        fun in the summer, 
                        and good luck next 
                        year.
 
                                        Bye
 
                                    Hrigo P." 
 
Now, this next inscription I have no idea about. I recall a Sarah or two in middle school, it is a common name, but "Jaws"?
 
This could be a reference to the 1979 James Bond movie Moonraker. There was a vary tall fellow in that film with mettle teeth that they called Jaws. This girl could have had braces and just run with the nickname.  
 
Unless she comes back into my life somehow I guess I will never know.
 
                    "To: Ricky
 
                            Have a cool 
                            summer, and don't 
                            get too hot!
 
                                    Your friend 
 
                                            Sarah
                                                or 
                                            Jaws"
 


No comments:

Post a Comment