Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Old Cover Letter


You will note this is a letter written before I knew better format. I’m sick so I’m not editing this one.

Dear (Book publisher),

What you have here is a children's picture book manuscript written in rhyme and teaching children the difference between pear the fruit and pair as in two things with some mention of to pare.

I yield to your better authority how it is all to be edited and produced. I have only the experience of reading to children as my guide in the area. I do know something of art work and printing so I can easily understand what limitations you set up. The poem is fifty-two lines but how many lines appear on one page is up to you.

I have been published three times in the past as a poet in periodicals. Once with my junior high school and twice in high school but have submitted nothing professionally.

Thank you for your time.

Richard Leland Neal
04/21/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment