Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Ghost of Angry Memories

1st of the year 2013
Dear Cassi,
         
In coming home I walked the cold hallways full of trash and junk to let the ghost of angry memories pass before making any attempt at work. What new horror could my family be planning for me? What can I do to protect myself?
         
I look at the mess and know that most of it is mine but also that I do the work assigned to Pickles day in and day out. If I had those ten hours back I spend over the weekend at washing dishes to address my own problems then I would make progress.

The dishes are his to do as I do the cooking and yet they are never done. As the kitchen sink is the only sink thanks to Pony Girl and her intervention into our construction I cannot wash my hands among the piles of crap and so must do his work before I can attend my own.

As my work room is littered with cups and such from my eating in front of the computer so is the kitchen table littered with remains of many of his meals. He found a place to keep his dog food on the kitchen floor.


It’s a battle here Cassi, a battle long fought but never won and I grow so weary of this nonsense. Still, I need to win the battle within myself before I can fight outside forces.

Win within, little sister,


Richard Leland Neal


No comments:

Post a Comment