LTC Leaderboard

Monday, August 1, 2011

Cover Letter to a Funeral Home


Now you might think that I’m desperate because I applied for a job at a funeral home, but I harbor no dread for working with the dead. I’m told that this is a lucrative profession.


25th of July 2011
Dear (HR director at a cemetery),

I know that my qualifications are somewhat lacking for the position of an Arrangement Counselor, yet I still believe that this is a job for which I am suited. I have a BA in psychology so understanding the emotions of the grieving should be no trouble for me. Both my mother and one of my best friend’s fathers now reside within your park and I would be proud to do for others as was done for them.

Furthermore, my work as a Security Officer instilled in me the values of a tidy uniform, accurate reports, and a friendly spirit. In addition, I have always been a man eager to help in any way I can, and I have a good deal of physical strength.

It is true that I was laid off at the beginning of this year, but my company new me to be a college man and soon to graduate. They had the choice between myself and a family man. I was likely to find a better job in the next year, and he was likely to work with the company for the rest of his life.

Thank you for your time,

Richard Leland Neal