Monday, June 13, 2011

Unsure


Okay, here it is, a real letter to Cassi.

6th June 2011

Dear Cassi,

Well, you’ll likely get three letters together this time. I was on my way to drop off my last letter when I found the preceding letter in my car. I had a good amount on my mind when I was mailing that. It was the last week of school, and I was worried about them letting me graduate.

I keep wondering what I’m going to do with my life in the bad economy. Nothing I ever do tends to pan out, or maybe I’m just not putting enough into it. I don’t know. I spent tens of thousands of dollars on my education, and now it looks like I’m going to have to double that figure at grad school.

I had to ask for an accommodation because I was working and couldn’t find an internship because I was working. Then I lost my job, and the accommodation was pointless. However, what was done was done, and I was going through with it.

After I passed the class I had to email an adviser, and have them change my records to reflect that I had been given the accommodation. I sent out the email half hoping that it would be denied and that I would have more classes. That’s a funny thing to hope for after all this time.

Then I got an email back saying that I had to wait longer. No plans can be made. Finally, I got a mail back saying all had been done, but even now I have no idea if I’m a college graduate. I’m listed as candidate not graduate.

Now I just have to hold everything until I get my diploma. I’m going to apply for grad school in that time anyway. There is no better way to test this development.

Stay safe,


Richard Leland Neal


No comments:

Post a Comment