Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Tower and Mole


7th December 2018

Dear Cassi,

My last moment as Turtle Nose’s friend was the last moment I was friends with another man. I mean, cutting your ex husband from my life took with it a good number of folks, but this one was the first to go. I guess in relaying this message and clearing my head I should describe this man. I figure he won’t play much of a part in my life or my letters but he’s one of two folks of interest here.

This fellow I will call Tech Tower and another of Turtle Nose’s friends I will call Tech Mole. You knew Tech Tower well so far as I can tell, because he spent some time living up there with you folks. This was the tall man, rather than the long haired man, and Tech Tower is so named because of his love of computers and his stature which put him as the tallest of the folks of this story.

Tech Tower was educated at U. C. Irvine and had spent time working at Boeing. I always wanted him to go back there, because it was a job that paid well, but he wanted to live with his folks. He was a good friend of mine during much of the time Turtle Nose spent in the army and so I was surprised when he turned on me so easily.

Now Tech Mole is another figure from Turtle Nose’s past who he had met before he became a guard. He had worked at an alarm company where he met the Mole man whose greatest love was video games and his second greatest love was turtle nose.

Turtle Nose had trained Tech Mole to hate me long ago and you had mentioned that folks were always rude to me. Tech Mole was one of those folks. So, here we have two characters in this story, but both minor ones that I will come up only slightly.

To me these men are like ghosts, because I haven’t seen them in ten years now. Still I remember them so very well. They are like demons I need to exercise I guess. Or perhaps I only let my thoughts linger on them long enough to let them go. Well, I need to speak of them so I have named them.


We all have our part to play, little sister,



Richard Leland Neal 

No comments:

Post a Comment