Friday, May 6, 2016

'Throw a Kiss, Harry' by Mary Chalmers: Book Review


'Throw a Kiss, Harry' is a primary book written by Mary Chalmers and one of the shortest books I've ever read in terms of word count. Well, at very least for 'The 5,000 Project'.
This is the story of Harry, an anthropomorphiced kitten, who wanders away from his mother. I have to grant there is so little to this story that I have trouble figuring what I think about it, but the book appears to have been much loved by the original owner who gave it to her grandson back in 1981. 

The truth is that this book is short and should inspire children to read so I give it a thumbs up.

Who should read this book? Children and cat lovers.

Books Read 22 of 5,000

Pages:32

Total Pages Read for 'The 5,000 Project': 5,565

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I have Mary Chalmer's book, Come to the Doctor, Harry. It is charming, too!
    Some of these simple little books are treasures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I would certainly read more of those books if I had them.

      Delete