Monday, November 4, 2013

Our Back


12th November 2012
Dear Cassi,
       
So I saw the back doctor today and found that once again I am extremely healthy for being a sack of lard. Apparently most people come to the doctor when they are in so bad shape there is nothing that can be done for them and I came to the doctor when the problem was just a nuisance.
       
My overall point being that the pain was not chronic but simply recurring and so it surprised folks that I was not in pain when entering the doctor’s office. It further complicated things that the doctor himself had some major back issues and had trouble sitting still for our interview.
       
In the end I thanked my luck that I was better off than him. He sent me home with some pamphlets and recommendations, but the largest change was a new perspective. I’m not all that bad off when compared to that fellow.

Live strong, little sister,


Richard Leland Neal

1 comment:

  1. I have found accupuncture gives me about 2 weeks of pain relief. You should try it! :-)

    ReplyDelete