Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Valve Disaster the Second


Reading back over this letter I feel it has to be a bit rushed.

Look, I’m starting a new job, getting my home in order, starting grad school, and then my washer brakes down! Cut me some slack will you? This has been one of the longest years of my life.

10th December 2011
Dear Cassi,
   
As I said before my neighbor called me just as I was to get into the shower to help me with my washer and dryer. I put my shirt back on and ran outside where he was standing in my driveway.
   
He was talking into his phone looking at the street. “Turn around” I said into my phone and he finally realized I was standing there behind him. I had Twenty minutes to get out of the house but he couldn’t come back in the morning after I got out of work. I got the dog out of the garage and jumped in the shower as he carted off my old washer and dryer.
   
I washed up to the tune of my dog crying to be let back in and jumped out of the shower to find him sweeping up after the old dryer. I told him I was going to mop there when I got home in the morning and closed everything up, let the dog back in, and got to work.
   
I came home and mopped up. My neighbor came home just after the delivery company called me and said they would be at my place in half an hour. It was a race to get things done at that point. The biggest goof was that one of my valves was miss-shelved, so I got the wrong one. It turned backwards even though it looked just the same. We could still use it, no big thing, just figure if I wanted to deal with getting another one.
   
It took us another hour or so to get the washer and dryer in, and they are running a cycle just to get cleaned up. It was a full day, but for the rest of the weekend I’ll be doing laundry.

Stay safe, Cassi,

Richard Leland Neal


No comments:

Post a Comment