Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Looking for True Stories

 20th April 2023

Dear (Entertainment Company),

 According to your ad you’re looking for true stories to adapt into things like films and the like. I happen to have written a play inspired by true events in my life.  The true parts are rather brutal and the false parts were a resolution so the true story is there to be made.

 I mean, this is kind of a “The Glass Menagerie” kind of situation where I deal with my abusive family. The problem with the truth is that I never could get my life together, and I live below the poverty line. Still, I’ve done some odd things in addition to living with a toxic family.

 I’ve spent six years working with the homeless, and at both shelters I got canned because I suffered an on duty injury. In college I was stalked by a psychotic writing teacher and now I’m being stalked by a psychotic homosexual truck driver that wants to by pictures of my junk.

 I have to admit here that your ad is a little unclear on personal tragedies. I do have a history of dealing with corrupt animal control people, but that is the most law enforcement story I have.

 In any case, you should sit down and talk with me for a spell. It would probably be an interesting conversation even if you can’t find a story to sell.

 Best,

 

Richard Leland Neal


 

No comments:

Post a Comment