Friday, February 23, 2018

'The World Of Horror Aliens' by John Hamilton Book Review


'The World Of Horror Aliens' by John Hamilton is a textbook that teaches children about the use of aliens in modern media. This covers subjects from as far back as the original 'War of the Worlds' to the video games of just a few years ago. 


I would have to point out to parents that a number of the properties
mentioned in this book are indeed R rated and not appropriate for young children. If I were an eight or nine year old reading this book I would want to watch the movies they book talks about and play the video games which are violent and lewd in some cases. 

One of the films mention in this book is the 1979 Sci Fi classic 'Alien' which is a film that gave me nightmares as a child. I don't recall when I first saw the film, but I remember it giving me at least one night of bad dreams. 

Another film that is included in this book is the 1997 'Starship Troopers' which was very gory for the time and featured a good deal of nudity. 

In the end, I came away from this book having learned very little about the topic because common knowledge subjects were covered and there was little depth to what was being said. Now, I am thirty eight, and this book is written for eight year olds so they should have less knowledge about the topic. 

Who should read this book? Horror alien enthusiasts who know very little about horror aliens. 

Books read: 45 of 5000

No comments:

Post a Comment