Sunday, November 22, 2015

Two Days

20th November 2015

Dear Cassi,

It was yesterday that I learned that the company would fight my unemployment benefits and yesterday that I drew four pages of comics. Then today that I drew another four. I ended my work four Issues away from being caught up on Random Street theater and nine issues away from being caught up on Jonny American.

The sun was gone from the sky and two of the remaining kittens, Bob Denver and
Nimh, slept on my drafting desk offering up another opportunity for a photograph. It came to me that the news of the fight had been great motivation, but I have been here before.  I’ve been to the place where I had everything under control and was a single page of drafting away from being caught up. Then I fell back into depression and had to start over.

Truth be told, it would be better to post late every day than to post everything now and be baron for another few days or weeks. The only real problem is that many of the comics I’ve drawn are Halloween themed and that was twenty days ago. Readers need a reason to come back every day and I want to give them that reason.

Still, I am so tired. I slept part of the day then woke and worked. I slept again leaving many of the hours of sunlight behind me. Two days of hard work when I should have had two weeks of hard work to bring things back to the now. I don’t know, Cassi, may be this art business just isn’t for me.

Well, midnight strikes and I have work to do, so, off I go again.

Stay safe, little sister,



Richard Leland Neal

2 comments:

  1. They are not going to give you unemployment without a fight? On what basis? You know can sue for the injuries you sustained and also argue that they fired you because of the "waves" being created because you were talking to corporate - and then took an angry client's word as fact to get you out without it looking like retaliation, even though that's exactly what it is. The lawyers are not very good, considering every person who has sued has won their case. One got a few million. I think his name was James, who worked overnights as a manager.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well, I've filed a retaliation complaint. We'll see what happens.

      Delete