Friday, July 29, 2011

Letters to a Soldier Deployed in Iraq: Two Hour Lunch


I’ll tell you this much, I’m going to be a lot happier once I’ve posted all the letters to this man. I sent him letters during his deployment, stood over his bed when he was ill, and even provided him a place to live. None of those things made any difference to him in the end. He still insisted on making my life miserable.

18th November 2007   

Dear (Soldier),

Well, I had thought that you had no Internet so I haven’t been writing lately. It’s been really hectic here with school, and frankly it looks as if it will get no better. This semester was my largest ever at seventeen units, and I have to say that it has been about as bad as the nine-unit semester I had back at the junior college. They seem to pride themselves in screwing with you at (The State College).

On the bright side, they have given me up to two-hour lunches at work so I use the time to sleep. The thirty-two hour days aren’t has hard on me when I get that nap only thing is that I wish I had it at the beginning of the semester. Right now it looks like I will pass all or most of my classes. Over the next five days I need to finish three assignments per day if I’m to get all caught up by the end of thanksgiving.

It’s still a really big dilemma for me whether or not to go for the second major. It puts me in the running for a fifty thousand dollar a year job but should take another year of classes and I need to get looking at it by the end of the semester. I just don’t want to get out of school and be a security guard. I’ve had enough of that sort of thing.

Anyway, fool, you keep your nose clean out there and get home safe,

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment